BasicDSP is a free library of elementary digital signal processing routines that can be exploited in any .NET application. It has been developed primarily for educational purposes, to allow students to build simple signal processing applications in Visual Basic. However it may have wider use in other applications where speed of processing is not critical.
BasicDSP Vs1.5 Provides
- Waveforms of various types
- Replay, recording and file i/o of audio signals
- Complex arithmetic
- Linear systems
- Filter design
- Fourier analysis
- Linear prediction analysis
- Graphical display (using the zedgraph library).
- BasicDSP 1.5 full install - latest version for .NET 4 support.
- BasicDSP DLL Version 1.0.6 for .NET 3.5 only.
- ZedGraph DLL. Local copy of ZedGraph graphing library v5.1.4.
- BasicDSP Help file
- BasicDSP VB Sources - version 1.0.3
There is a step-by-step instruction sheet for getting BasicDSP + ZedGraph applications running with VB2008.
- Programming Environment. An introduction to the BasicDSP classes and a first program.
- Mathematical Environment. An introduction to the mathematical techniques needed on the course, including complex arithmetic and polynomials.
- Digital Waveforms. An introduction to discrete waveforms, including the sampling theorem and quantisation.
- Digital Systems. An introduction to digital implementations of linear time-invariant systems.
- Fourier Transforms. The discrete Fourier transform and its Fast implementation.
- Windowing. Use of time-domain windows to isolate signal regions.
- Filters. Design and implementation of non-recursive and recursive filters.
- Linear Prediction. Use of linear prediction to estimate system model from signal.
Download all lecture notes as single PDF.